The Hong Kong-UK FinTech Bridge Pilot Program is open to growth-stage FinTech companies from the UK wishing to expand their business across the Bridge into Hong Kong
The program will run from March – November 2019 with support from DIT, Invest Hong Kong and key partners.
What will participation provide?
A tailored program will be developed for each cohort member including:
- Introductions to key organisations and contacts in Hong Kong
- Connectivity with regulators
- Support to develop business relationships and opportunities in Hong Kong
- Specialist professional services assistance (Lawyers, Tax experts, Accountants, Consultants etc.)
- Dedicated sessions with industry experts
- Curated events and mentorship
Who can apply?
Applications are welcomed from companies meeting the following criteria:
- FinTech company with HQ in the UK
- Minimum 1 year track record in domestic market
- Target landing date in Hong Kong within the next 6 months
- Business opportunity in Hong Kong already established
- Open to regulatory discussions and information sharing
What is a FinTech Bridge?
The Hong Kong-UK FinTech Bridge, signed in September 2017 outlines a shared vision for:
- Collaboration between Governments
- Cooperation between Regulators
- Enhanced support for FinTechs looking to expand their business either from the UK into Hong Kong or from Hong Kong into the UK