InvestHK is the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government Department responsible for Foreign Direct Investment. It has set up a dedicated FinTech team in Hong Kong with correspondents located in London and San Francisco. It aims at attracting worldwide top innovative FinTech enterprises, start-up entrepreneurs, investors and other stakeholders to expand and scale their business via Hong Kong to the mainland China, Asia and beyond.
We offer free, confidential & customised services to support your business planning, set-up and referral.
We offer information and advice on the following:
- Business incorporation procedures
- Tax and business regulations
- Cost-of-business models
- Employment legislation
- How to recruit staff and interns
- Immigration requirements
- Trademark registration and trade regulations
- Arranging relevant meetings / visit programme
InvestHK can help facilitate the smooth set-up of your Hong Kong business. Our services include:
- Help finding the right service providers: company secretaries, accountants, lawyers, real estate agents, human resource companies, etc.*
- Advice on corporate structure
- Advice on office premises
- Liaison with other Government departments for necessary licences
- Advice on opening bank account (Hong Kong Monetary Authority has a dedicated webpage that provides useful information about account opening and maintenance procedures, documentation and information requirements and contact details of banks.)
- Advice on work visas and employment issues
- Advice on settling in Hong Kong:
- Social networking
* InvestHK maintains a service provider database to facilitate our clients in setting up or expanding their operations in Hong Kong. Service providers in Hong Kong that would like to be considered for inclusion in our database may contact the Research & Knowledge Management Team of InvestHK at email: email@example.com or tel (852) 3107 1471.
When you reach this crucial stage, we have a range of free services to help make your launch a success:
- Generating publicity (e.g. joint press releases)
- Preparing client profiles
- Developing case studies
- Featuring your business in InvestHK's bi-monthly newsletter
- Arranging for members of the InvestHK Directorate to attend and speak at opening ceremonies
- Supporting launch events with public relations
Once you are up and running, we are always here to help. Services include:
- Business networking opportunities
- Business matching services (e.g. trade associations, Consulates-general and Trade Commissions)
- Advice on Government initiatives, grants and funding schemes
Corruption Prevention Advisory Service
A good governance system is vital for InvestHK’s counterparts to help sustain public confidence in our mission of attracting foreign direct investment into Hong Kong. We therefore would like to introduce to you the service of the Corruption Prevention Advisory Service (CPAS). CPAS is a specialised unit in the Corruption Prevention Department of ICAC dedicated to providing tailor-made, free and confidential advice on system control in common business areas such as procurement and staff administration. You could check out its user-friendly web portal (https://cpas.icac.hk/) for details of the services and to get timely and useful resources on corruption prevention such as staff code of conduct, corruption prevention guides and tools, case studies, quick tips and red flags. You can also receive regular updates on corruption prevention by subscribing to CPAS e-news at https://cpas.icac.hk/EN/Form/Subscription_Form?cate_id=31.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact us.