INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
FOR HONG KONG FINTECH WEEK 2022 EVENT SPONSORSHIP
Posted on: 22 November 2021
1. Project Background
The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (the “Government”), represented by the Director-General of Investment Promotion, intends to sponsor a company (the “Company”) in order to cover partially the event sponsorship for creating, curating and producing Hong Kong Fintech Week 2022 (the Project) organised by the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau (FSTB) and InvestHK, which will run in November 2022.
The brand position of the Hong Kong Fintech Week (the Week) will be to demonstrate Hong Kong as a vibrant international fintech hub for fast-tracking and scaling fintech businesses to Mainland China (in particular the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA)), Asia, and the world. The Week should generate the interest of entrepreneurs, senior executives, and investors from overseas and the Mainland China to consider setting up or expanding via Hong Kong by showcasing the strengths of and business opportunities in Hong Kong, as well as fostering Hong Kong’s local fintech ecosystem. Government wishes to ensure a diverse spectrum of initiatives which include but not limited to connecting different stakeholders to do business, demonstrating fintech thought leadership in Hong Kong (e.g., latest development of Central Bank Digital Currency) and encouraging the fintech adoption by the industry and the public, etc.
Hong Kong Fintech Week was in its sixth edition in November 2021. With the theme of “Scaling Fintech Future Together”, it was held in hybrid format with:
- 20,000+ physical and online attendees from 87 economies
- 4 million+ views
- 300+ speakers
- 150+ media attended with 800+ coverages
- Thousands of business contacts made
- 39 international delegations and representatives
- Partnership with the GBA Innovation Economy Summit by 21st Century Business Herald for the GBA Day
- 400+ applications and 90+ corporate and investor champions of the Global Fast Track Programme
Please visit fintechweek.hk for more information.
2. Project Requirement
The selected Company shall plan and deliver the Project in the 1-year service period (year 2022), including but not limited to the following scope of services:
- A 2-day main conference programme with fintech topics such as:
- Tech stream: Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain;
- Use case stream: Cyber Security, Digital Assets, Fintech in China, Funding & Investment, InsurTech, RegTech, SupTech, Trade Finance, WealthTech;
- The Global Fast Track programme;
- A 1-day cross-boundary programme to the GBA;
- Exhibition sales and management;
- Sponsors acquisition and management;
- Event production and management;
- Ticketing sales and management;
- Marketing and promotions;
- Side and networking events planning and management.
The target audiences of the Project are overseas and the Mainland fintechs such as:
- Organisations / groups: academia, accelerators, angel investors, associations, chambers, communities and stakeholders, consulates, entrepreneurs, family offices, government departments, high net-worth individuals, incubators, innovation labs, investors, media, political officials, regulators, research institutions, scale-ups, sponsors, start-ups, and venture capital firms, etc.
- Individuals: key opinion leaders, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, etc.
3. Timeline of the Sponsorship Exercise
|Posting of Expression of Interest (EOI) invitation||22 November 2021|
|Deadline for submission of EOI||3 December 2021|
|Invitation to Submit Event Sponsorship Proposal sent out to qualified event organizers||13 December 2021|
|Deadline for submission of Event Sponsorship Proposals||7 January 2022|
|Evaluation and Selection of Event Sponsorship Proposals||January – February
|Appointment of the Company||February 2022|
4. Requirements of the Company
Companies which fulfil ALL requirements below are welcome to submit the EOI:
- Organisations shall be legal business entities in Hong Kong or other jurisdiction;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in curating, producing, managing and promoting international events in:
- physical and virtual (minimum 2 years of experience) format;
- a scale of over 1,000 attendees;
- industry(ies) of fintech / technology / innovation / financial services;
5. Submission of EOI
Eligible and interested companies are invited to submit their EOI (note: this is NOT the submission of Event Sponsorship Proposal) by making a written submission by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Expression of
Interest – Application of Hong Kong Fintech Week 2022 Event Sponsorship”, on or before 4:00pm (HKT) on 3 December 2021. Late submission will not be
The EOI submission shall include:
- Company information including business registration, year of establishment, location, industry, number of full time staff, profile of core staff and contact details;
- Company credentials including relevant work experience; track records of curating, producing, managing and promoting similar projects; the results /
performance; and feedback / reputation from the industries;
- Examples to illustrate the business connections and knowledge of the fintech industry, such as event speaker line-up / topics.
This invitation for EOI does not constitute an invitation to offer nor does this document or any document made available pursuant to this invitation constitute any contract or agreement of any kind whatsoever with Government. Government reserves the right to postpone or terminate the process of EOI at any time without prior notice and shall not be liable to any party for any loss or damage, costs or expenses as a result of such action.
Government may collaborate with public bodies such as the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP), Cyberport, Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC), research institutes (such as ASTRI, LSCM) or sponsor universities and other companies, etc. on other similar fintech events during the Project.
6. Selection Criteria
- Companies shall submit the EOI by completely following the instruction of clause 5 - Submission of EOI;
- The submission shall illustrate the eligibility of companies for clause 4 - Requirements of the Company;
- Only eligible companies will receive an e-mail invitation to submit an Event Sponsorship Proposal with further guidelines.
Companies acknowledge they have been reminded that:
- dishonesty, theft and corruption on its part or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors are criminal offences and may lead to prosecution under section 9 of the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (Chapter 201 of the Laws of Hong Kong), sections 17, 18D and 19 of the Theft Ordinance (Chapter 210 of the Laws of Hong Kong) and section 161 of the Crimes Ordinance (Chapter 200 of the Laws of Hong Kong); and
- the offering, soliciting or accepting of advantages, as defined in the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance is not permitted.
Companies shall inform their officers, employees (whether permanent or temporary), agents and sub-contractors that the offering, soliciting or accepting of advantages (as defined in the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance) is not permitted. Companies shall also caution their officers, employees and agents and sub-contractors against offering, soliciting or accepting any excessive hospitality, entertainment or inducement which may impair their impartiality in relation to the selection of its sub-contractors, if any, or the supervision of the work of the sub-contractors.
Government may terminate the Sponsorship immediately if the Company or any of its employees, agents and sub-contractors is convicted of an offence under the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance, the Theft Ordinance or the Crimes Ordinance.
8. Conflict of Interest
Companies shall during the term of Sponsorship Agreement:
- ensure that their officers, employees (whether permanent or temporary), agent and sub-contractors shall not undertake any service, task or job or do
anything whatsoever for or on behalf of the companies or any third party (other than in the performance of this Sponsorship) which conflicts, or which may be seen to conflict, with the companies’ duties to the Government under this Sponsorship, without the prior written approval of the Government; and
- forthwith notify and declare to the Government in writing of all or any facts which may reasonably be considered to give rise to a situation where the financial, professional, commercial, personal or other interests of the companies or any of their officers, employees (whether permanent or temporary), agent and sub-contractors, conflict or compete, or may conflict or compete, with the companies’ duties to the Government under this Sponsorship.
For any enquires concerning this EOI invitation, please contact:
Patrick Lam, Senior Executive Officer (Fintech), InvestHK
Tel: (+852) 3107 1470
About Hong Kong Fintech Week
With the theme “Scaling Fintech Future Together”, the Hong Kong FinTech Week 2021 attracted 20,000+ fintech entrepreneurs, companies, start-ups, investors, regulators and visionaries from 87 economies. The week-long event featured multitrack conferences with prominent speakers, the Global Fast Track Programme, exhibitions, a deal floor, networking events, demo shows, cross-boundary events and more. For details, please visit www.fintechweek.hk.
About InvestHK and Fintech Team
Invest Hong Kong (InvestHK) is the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government Department responsible for Foreign Direct Investment. Its mission is to promote and strengthen Hong Kong as Asia’s leading international business and financial centre by attracting economically and strategically important overseas and Mainland companies to invest in Hong Kong.
InvestHK has set up a dedicated Fintech Team in Hong Kong with correspondents located elsewhere in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area as well as in London and San Francisco. It aims at attracting the world's top innovative fintech enterprises, start-up entrepreneurs, investors and other stakeholders to fast-track and scale their business via Hong Kong to Mainland China, Asia and beyond. For details, please visit www.hongkong-fintech.hk.